Vegan Rice Paper Rolls with Dipping Sauces
These rice paper rolls are so fresh, crunchy and packed with flavour - making them the perfect snack or meal! I served mine paired with 3 delicious dipping sauces. 🌶
Rice paper rolls are also a great way to use up odd ends and leftover vegetables in your fridge as the fillings are so versatile!
I went for a sweet potato and smoky jackfruit combo paired with different veg but the options are endless! Also don’t be intimated if the first rolls don’t go to plan - it takes a bit of practise working with rice paper but by the 3rd roll you’ll be flying! 🍠🌱
Recipe (Serves 4)
• 1x pack 12 rice paper rolls: I used blue dragon spring roll wrappers
• 1x 400g tin jackfruit: I used Biona organic jackfruit
• 2x bell peppers
• 3x medium carrots
• 1x large sweet potato
• 100g broccoli
• 80g red cabbage
• 80g baby corn
• 1x 300g pack thin rice noodles
• Seasoning for sweet potato and jackfruit (I used smoky paprika, black pepper, garlic salt, cumin)
• Sesame + Poppy seeds to top
1. Peel and chop sweet potato into thin slices, place on baking tray with oil, dust with spices and place in oven at 200°c (fan) for approx. 30 minutes
2. During this time…Boil/fry rice noodles for 5 minutes + sit to one side to cool
3. Prepare all veg by chopping finely - I lightly fried my peppers, broccoli and baby corn + left to cool
4. Pull apart then fry the jackfruit for 10 mins using seasoning to flavour
5. Lay all your ingredients out together then begin building the wraps
6. Take 1 rice paper sheet at a time, submerge it once in a bowl of warm water then lay it on a flat surface to fill
7. Place fillings of your choice in centre of wrap, leaving a couple inches either side. Fold over the bottom half, then fold the 2 sides in and roll the wrap up- it will seal itself
Tahini Chilli Dressing:
Mix 3 heap TBSPs meridian light tahini, tsp red chilli paste, tsp ginger paste, tsp soy sauce.
Blend 1 large boiled beetroot with 2 tbsps tahini, tsp salt, tsp Dijon mustard, 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar, tsp garlic paste.
Katsu Dipping Sauce:
Mix 100ml ketchup with 2x tbsp soy sauce, 1x tsp brown sugar, 1tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1tsp ginger purée, 1tsp garlic purée, tsp tahini, tsp curry powder.
Serve + Enjoy 👏🏼
Any left over rolls can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container and fried the next day to turn them into crunchy spring rolls 🌱
- Katie Rowlands