Smokey Plant-based tacos 🌮
Tacos are definitely a food that are loved by almost everyone, vegans, vegetarians meat-eaters and everyone in between! I think this is because they can be so easily tailored to different preferences! Like it mild? Ditch the hot chilli powder! No cheese? No problem leave it out!
If you’re looking to try more vegan dishes then this is a great place to start, easy to cook and I guarantee they’re so delicious the meat will not be missed! Also I used a lottttt of cupboard staples so there’s no excuse not to try! I think this dinner took me 30 mins in total to prepare and cook + it went down fabulously with everyone.
Feel free to let your creative juices flow with these tacos, add extra beans, swap out veg and toppings and if you want to cut down preparation time use a packet of seasoning no ones judging (this is what I usually do!)
I 100% recommended the soya chunks I used, the texture was perfect, exactly what you’d want for a chicken substitute and, as they’re pretty plain, you can add whatever flavouring you like and they would work in a range of dishes!
These are soooo good I guarantee taco Tuesday will become taco everyday after trying 🤭🌮🌱
Recipe (Serves 4)
- 2x tsp Garlic granules
- 3x tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2x tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Brown sugar
- 2x tsp Cumin
- 2x tsp Dried mustard
- 12 mini tortillas
- Clearspring organic soya chunks
- Cooking oil or spray (I used fry light olive oil)
- 1x 200g tin sweetcorn
- 1x 400g tin black eyed beans
- 2 bell peppers
- 100g mushrooms
(For toppings you can use a selection based on your preferences - I used vegan sour cream dressing, tomato salsa,
homemade guacamole, vegan cheese + spring onion)
- Soak soya chunks in boiling water for 10 minutes
- Combine spices in a bowl to make your seasoning
- While these are soaking, chop veg + add these along with tinned beans/veg to frying pan with a few sprays of olive oil and cook on a medium heat
- Remove soya chunks from water + drain well. In a separate frying pan, add these with some oil and cook on a medium heat
- Coat soya chunks generously with seasoning after a few minutes (I also added some to the veg). Let this all simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Prepare guacamole + other desired toppings
- Fill your taco tortillas with seasoned mix and anything else you like - I love serving mine with some lettuce, tomato salsa, sour cream + guacamole
- Dig in!
Find more Veggie Inspo 🌱on Katie's Instagram veggie_feeds
- Katie Rowlands