Strepsils Sore Throat & Blocked Nose Lozenges 36 Lozenges
If your sore throat also comes with nasal congestion, try Strepsils Sore Throat and Blocked Nose lozenges. As well as offering two antiseptic ingredients to help fight bacterial throat infections, Sore Throat and Blocked Nose lozenges have a menthol vapour action which helps unblock the nose.
Causes of a Sore Throat
A sore throat is often a sign that you may have an infection in the area, but there are other things that can irritate the throat, causing redness and swelling. These include cigarette smoke, a polluted environment, voice strain or even changes in air temperature.
There are lots of sore throat symptoms, and throat infection symptoms, from that nasty raspiness, pain when swallowing to a sudden husky voice. There are also other symptoms that may accompany throat pain:
- Runny nose
- Swollen glands
- A headache
- Muscle aches and pains
- Throat problems, such as inflammation (redness and swelling) in your throat this can even be a sore throat on one side
Treating Your Sore Throat
If you have a sore throat already, to make yourself and your throat feel better there are some options:
- Drink plenty of warm liquids to keep your level of body fluids up
- Try to breathe through your nose. If your nose feels congested, inhaling the steam from a bowl of hot water will help it to clear or look for a lozenge which also offers a decongestant
- Try to avoid alcohol. The idea that alcohol 'disinfects' the throat is unfortunately a myth! In fact, drinking alcohol is much more likely to irritate than soothe a sore throat
- Swallow - it might hurt but its one of the best things you can do because saliva is a natural lubricant so it helps soothe a sore throat
- Sucking an effective medicated lozenge can help lubricate the lining of the throat further bringing real, noticeable relief. And if you choose one from the Strepsils range, rest assured that it can keep working, even after the lozenge has gone.